I took Friday off from work to get my truck looked at again for the very annoying squealing belts that wake up the neighborhood. I talked with the manager this time and he took my problem under his wing and seemed to have resolved it now. All it took was tightening of the alternator belt. Hopefully, it will stay tight this time instead of gradually loosening and squealing again within a month.
The dining room is now painted with a coat of primer and is awaiting the topcoat of Rosy Apple this upcoming weekend. I hate painting!! If I could pay to have somebody cut in the crown molding and the corners then I will be more than happy to roll the walls.
Our washing machine went belly up on Saturday after ten years. Carrie and I had decided to buy a bigger capacity washer/dryer as soon as we experienced trouble with either of the units. We now have a Whirlpool Cabrio that is a top loader without the agitator so we can wash comforters and coats without getting them ripped up. It is a (HE) high efficiency model that requires HE detergent that is supposedly low-sudsing. That is important because not as much water is used during the wash/rinse cycles. It will be interesting to see what happens because we have soft water already so we cut back on the amount of soap used. Will the low-sudsing stuff be more sudsy because of that?
The bummer was that the dryer would not fit through the door in our laundry room so I had remove all the molding around the door. This caused extreme damage to the sheet rock and the paint job inside the laundry room. I guess I will leave it off for now and consult with a carpenter to see what can be done. If we put the molding back on then what are we going to do in ten years if we need a new dryer? I'll have to rip the molding off again to get it out. Maybe we will have it forever and just have to get it fixed instead of replaced.
Reagan came down with the same stomach bug that Blake had last week so she was puking on Saturday. Great day for the washing machine to break as she puked all the the couch blankets and her clothes. I had to use towels to try and clean that mess up and had nowhere to put this stuff so I threw it on the deck for the time being. Both the dogs ran over and started eating her puke off the carpet! Real nice. They had to be escorted out immediately or I was going to lose my cookies.
Things have calmed down now hopefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment