Wednesday, February 02, 2011


Day 1 - A Photo of Yourself and 15 Facts


#1 I have 6 great kids ranging from almost 17 to almost 6 months. Alex-16, Reagan-11, Blake-9, Rion-4, Will-2, Paige-5mo

#2 If you didn't guess from #1-- I am Catholic. I love my faith, love Mass, love watching Daily Mass, love listening Fr. Corapi or anyone talk about being Catholic, love that as a cradle Catholic I married a cradle Catholic.

#3 I love my husband Jim. I know some wives say that, but i really really love him, he is my best friend. He is so funny and such a good hubby and daddy. I am thankful for him daily.

#4 My oldest was born in Japan while I was stationed there (I lived there for 4 years)

#5 I was a Cryptologic Technician Maintenance in the Navy for 5 years-- really does me nothing as a stay at home mom now, but i got to live in Japan and visit Singapore and South Korea. Plus meet very cool people for all parts of the country and still see what they are doing on facebook.

#6 I love social networks like facebook and twitter and love my mommy forums (Charlotte mommies and york county mommies) Where else can u go at 3am but a mommy forum to find out you need to express some breastmilk and put it in your newborns eye if they have a clogged tear duct. Dr's don't know that crap--mommys do!

#7 I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome). It is my cross that I carry daily. It makes my weight fluctuate monthly, not get pregnant, miscarry when i do get pregnant (its a miracle I have 6 kids!)

#8 I moved a lot as a kid. I was born in the Bronx, moved upstate, then to MD (where i graduated high school) then to PA before joining the Navy. When I filled out my top secret clearance address for the navy, I had numerous sheets, I think mom and I made up some of the early address. But, I think it has made me a more outgoing person. Ironically, Jim and i moved here to SC in 1997 and haven't left!

#9 I am the oldest of three children, my sister is 10 years younger and my brother is 11 years younger. We have 10 grandkids between us (ok, 6 r mine) 7 boys and 3 girls

#10 I am a Group leader at MOPS (mothers of preschoolers)and have been going to MOPS since 2000, 11 years now ( i have kids older than some of the mentors) I love moms! i love chatting with them, i love new ones just starting out, and older moms with grandkids now. I have gotten the best advice at MOPS

#11 I am a Conservative Republican that loves politics! I love voicing my opinion and stating why yours is wrong. I am a huge Pro-lifer, and write letters to my representatives often. I like to read about the Tea Party and the Fair Tax.

#12 I love TV: House, Idol, NCIS, Modern Family, Bones, Greys....the list goes on. But i can never watch them because I have so many kids, then came DVR!! Luv it! I can tape all my shows and watch them on the weekend, or on nights when nothing is on. the greatest technology ever!!!!

#13 I homeschooled for 5 years (2 different kids) i love homeschooling, but find that like public school there are pros and cons and it works great for some families and some kids. This year, no one is home, although Blake is ready to come back home, so we will see about next year.

#14 I like Christian music, some country, some lite stuff and like my 822 channel on my tv that plays 80's

#15 I live to cook and bake, although I am not good at either. Still a work in progress!

No comments: