Friday, May 05, 2006
Reagan
Hey everyone. Hope things are going well with you. Let's see if I can do a good job updating you on the past week's events. We believe Reagan is starting to get anxious about Rion's arrival next month. She developed a tic before she started kindergarten where she would blink her eyes a lot and it eventually went away. Well, Carrie has noticed her doing it again to a lesser degree and now she is sleepwalking at night. Her first grade teacher says that Reagan has been real chatty with her about the new baby so there is something going on in her head I'm sure. I have to admit it is a little unnerving because she can't annunciate any words and she just mumbles. We just tell her to go back to bed and that is usually the only incident of the night. I went downstairs one night and the water was running in the bathroom sink, the kitchen light was on, the back door was unlocked, and Inky was outside. I wasn't sure if I needed to run back upstairs and grab the .357 or not, but I figured Inky would have barked if somebody was breaking in. Carrie is worried about her leaving the house so we put a security chain on the front door up high to keep her in or at least wake us up when she starts dragging chairs over to disengage it. Her doctor says the stairs are especially dangerous when sleepwalking so we need to find a way to confine her to her room. We put a baby gate across her door last night, but she had climbed over it this morning when getting ready for school so that idea will not work. I'm not going to turn her doorknob around and lock her in her room, (imagine the fun the boys would have locking her in her room!) and I'm not going to destroy her door by turning it into a "dutch door" (I guess you turn the knob around and lock them in, but you cut the door in half). I think Home Depot sells a poor man's alarm system where you hook two parts on the door and the wall and when the door opens it sets off some audible alarm. We will just have to shut her door at night. Anyway, we'll see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment