Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Day Off

Dad is sitting at home today relaxing. Free from the boredom at work and from the irritating personalities of upper management. I needed this day off from work as our brand new washing machine (Whirlpool Cabrio) has stopped working after four weeks. Real nice. Lowe's Home Improvement, who we originally purchased this washer from, was gracious enough to come out and exchange a brand new washer for us without charge. They were in and out in twenty minutes and I am already doing my first load.

The second part of my day will be spent waiting on an autoglass company to arrive to replace the windshield on my truck. It had received earlier damage while on the interstate some years back but it wasn't in my field of vision so I didn't mind and kept truckin' along. However, I have some recent dings that were my own fault (hammer + windshield = idiot) so the time has come to replace it. Once again this is free in South Carolina if you carry comprehensive.

The control card on the heating/air unit went bad two weeks ago. The card controlled the blowers and the igniters for the natural gas. You could feel hot or cold air at the registers depending on whether we had COOL or HEAT selected, but there was no blower/air pressure so all we did was run the A/C all day without cooling off the house. I noticed at night that it wasn't cool at all upstairs and discovered the problem. This was on the last day of warm, wet weather that we had in early November and that massive cold front wasmoving through the next night so we were between a rock and a hard place. Fortunately, we went with a reputable company (how can you tell these days?) and he was able to replace the card the next day.

Rion has awoken from his nap so I need to go.......

No comments: