Monday, February 05, 2007

Hey There

No, we didn't forget the password to Blogger or forget how to write. It has been nearly two months since we last posted something so I thought I would spend some time and give an update on our lives.
Alex got pulled out of Fort Mill Middle School after the first semester. He seems to be much happier and likes studying at home. Carrie finds new and used curriculum on Ebay for the different subjects and some of the stuff is most interesting. There are also some very nice Catholic book studies as well, but the books don't come with a ruler to wrap knuckles with so we are going to have to buy that separately!
Blake is well-behaved at school and I think he likes it mostly. He always complains about having to lie down to take a nap because, "I never sleep and then I get in trouble." The homework seems to drive both he and Reagan nuts. The expectation is that doing school work is for school and being home means playtime. Did we have homework in kindergarten??? Blake has the Seekings' stubborness so he can be a real pill sometimes.
Rion has his first bona fide cold complete with a runny nose and croup. He seems to be doing better tonight with the coughing. Carrie took him to the doctor today although there is nothing they can do really except prescribe steroids.
Reagan is getting closer to First Holy Communion. They had a three-hour workshop this past Saturday where they learned how to arrange their hands to receive His Body. She needs to get ready for Confession as well. She thought she had to go up on the altar during mass to do confession and tell everyone her sins. She said she didn't know if she could do it or not, but she would try her best. After getting a good laugh we explained that confession was private. Kids can be nuts.
Anyway, I better go for now. Take it easy....

No comments: