We are members at the local YMCA so we run over there to go swimming when we get bored and/or hot. Except for the stretch of 99-100 degree weather we were having two weeks ago the weather hasn't been too bad. It has cooled down to high 80s/low 90s where it should be for June.
Rion has gotten over his 103.9 fever. not sure what was going on but the doc said his tosils were a gooey inflamed mess so we might have to look into another tonsillectomy. We started him on daily Claritin to see if that helps with his runny nose. We are hoping allergies are the culprit but you never know. He and I went on a walk the other day to the back pond within our subdivision. He gets crabby if he is in the house all day. He is crabby once outside too so he can be a pain. Did I mention he turned 2 last week?
Normally, he gets pooped and I have to carry him back along with his toy lawn mower or something else. If I was smart I would bring his stroller, but he gives me a hard time about that most of the time. He's a pushy little bugger.
He likes to sit by the water and throw rocks in, but most of the time he would just rather walk directly into the pond. No concept or fear of drowning at this age. I don't know how people with swimming pools do it when they have young children around. I would be a nervous wreck. On this particular day the Canadian geese family decided to swim over to us. I remember when they were just babies. My how they have grown! The good folks of Whitegrove must be feeding them handsomely as I'm sure is the reason they came over to visit us.
Once again, he has no fear of anything so he stands up and starts walking over to them. He thinks differently about the situation once they all start coming at him so he runs back to me all scared, hugging my legs wanting me to pick him up.
At this point I just want to move us away from the pond and continue our walk, but he has this love/hate relationship with these geese. He wanders closer and then runs away, wanders closer and then runs away. I finally lure him away with the promise of sitting on the "big rock." He loves the rock. If you notice closely, he hasn't let loose of the red headless M&M guy the entire time. Well, I have to go to bed so we will talk at ya'll later......
No comments:
Post a Comment